The new iMac features next-generation Intel Core i5 quad-core processors and the fastest graphics ever in an all-in-one computer. It also brings Thunderbolt I/O technology to the desktop for lightning-fast data transfer. And a new FaceTime HD camera lets you make full-screen HD video calls. All from a beautiful, widescreen 21.5-inch LED-backlit display that takes up just a sliver of your desk. It's everything you want in a desktop. Now more powerful, more advanced, and even more incredible than before.
The iMac's display offers a 1920 x 1080-pixel resolution (for native 1080p high-definition viewing), and it uses IPS technology to deliver consistent color across an ultra wide 178 degree viewing angle. This 21.5-inch model (MC812LL/A ) offers improved graphics with AMD Radeon HD 6770M discrete graphics featuring 512 MB of GDDR5 memory, a 1TB hard drive, and 4 GB of installed RAM. Other features include integrated Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking, Bluetooth connectivity, an SD card slot (compatible with SDHC and SDXC cards), one Thunderbolt port, a FireWire 800 port, and a total of four USB 2.0 ports
Next-Generation Quad-Core Intel Processor
This iMac is powered by a second-generation Intel Core i5 quad-core processor (dubbed "Sandy Bridge"), which provides breakthrough digital media management, content creation, and 3D gaming capabilities. With updated Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0, the latest Core i5 increases speed automatically for whatever you're doing, dynamically accelerating performance to match your workload.
Intel's Hyper-Threading Technology enables each core of your processor to work on two tasks at the same time, delivering the performance you need for smart multitasking. And you'll enjoy a rich set of new features for a stunning and seamless visual experience with no additional hardware. The "Sandy Bridge" Core i5 processor also provides faster access to the installed RAM, with an integrated memory controller to connect fast 1333 MHz memory directly to the processor.
Revolutionary Thunderbolt Technology
Developed by Intel with collaboration from Apple, high-speed Thunderbolt I/O (input/output) technology delivers an amazing 10 gigabits per second of transfer speeds in both directions. Built into the iMac, the Thunderbolt port allows you to connect to new Thunderbolt-compatible peripherals as well as existing USB and FireWire peripherals using simple adapters. You'll be able to move data up to 20 times faster than with USB 2.0 and more than 12 times faster than with FireWire 800, and you can daisy-chain multiple high-speed devices without using a hub. Thunderbolt also supports DisplayPort for high resolution displays and works with existing adapters for HDMI, DVI and VGA displays.
Bright, Colorful Display
This 21.5-inch, all-in-one Apple iMac features an edge-to-edge glass display that utilizes LED backlighting for improved brightness and energy efficiency as well as In-Plane Switching (IPS) technology, which delivers consistent color across a wide 178-degree viewing angle.
You'll be able to cut the cord with the included Wireless Keyboard and Magic Mouse, both of which connect to the iMac using Bluetooth wireless technology. Additionally, the Magic Mouse features a seamless Multi-Touch surface that enables you to use the same intuitive gestures used on the MacBook trackpad to easily scroll through long documents or swipe to move forward or backward through a collection of web pages or photos. And it can be configured as either a single- or two-button mouse.
And with the FaceTime HD camera placed above the display in the iMac's thin aluminum and glass design, you'll be able to make video calls in HD 720p resolution to friends and family on another iMac or MacBook. Additionally, you'll be able to connect to those using an iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch.
- 21.5-inch glossy LED-Backlit widescreen TFT active matrix LCD display (1920 x 1080) with IPS technology
- Intel Core i5-2500S 2.7 GHz quad-core processor
- 3.7 GHz Max Turbo Frequency
- 4 GB DDR3 RAM (supports up to 32 GB)
- 1 TB 7200 RPM SATA hard drive
- Built-in AirPort Extreme (802.11n)
- Bluetooth connectivity
- SDXC card slot
- Slot-loading 8x DVD±RW DL SuperDrive
- AMD Radeon HD 6770M with 512 MB of GDDR5 memory
- Built-in stereo speakers with 17-watt digital amplifier
- Built-in 10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet
- Ports: (4) USB 2.0, (1) FireWire 800 port, (1) Thunderbolt port, (1) RJ-45 Ethernet port, Optical digital audio output/headphone out, Optical digital audio input/audio line in
- FREE Keyboard and Mouse Combo (may differ from picture)
- Mac OS X 10.6.8 pre-installed (updatable to current Mac OS)
Yours Until Gone!
What's in the Box?
- Apple iMac 21.5” with Intel Core i5, 4GB RAM, 1TB Hard Drive, DVD SuperDrive + FREE Keyboard & Mouse
- 30 Day Warranty
Choose your product warranty
From Consumer Priority Service (CPS)
Choose the warranty that is right for your new purchase! CPS offers extended warranty coverage for virtually all high-ticket consumer purchases ranging from high end electronics to computers and more. CPS covers drops, water damage, and all sorts of accidents with a quick and easy claims process.
Repair Plan 500 is for purchases priced $250.01 to $500.00
Warranties purchased at the time of product sale take effect on day 31 after purchase.
Warranties may be purchased within 30 days of product purchase. Please contact CPS upon purchasing to register your product at https://www.cpscentral.com/contact
- Contract covers units in a residential (non-commercial) environment
- 100% refund of the purchase price (less shipping & tax)
- Contract covers free shipping of repaired items
- If the product cannot be repaired, it will be replaced
- Fully transferable, cancel anytime
- Covers standard hardware malfunctions & accidental damage (liquid/impact damage, cracked LCD screens)
Yours Until Gone!